RSS

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

blogging style

Have you noticed my blogging pattern?  For the most part I post entries when I'm really up or have been really down... not much in between stuff.  Not much of the every day stuff.  It probably gives my blog a very intense flavor.  "This lady is crazy moody" flavor.

I actually don't blog much any more because of a few particular people I know that regulary check my blog.  Do you ever get blogging shyness?  It's hard to pour out your life when it's being watched by those who constantly critique you or those who like to be a fly-on-the-wall but who wouldn't pick up the phone to have a friendly chat with you if you called them.  Spies-on-the-wall.

I've considered starting a new blog somewhere and not telling them where I've moved, but I do have several regular readers I wouldn't want to leave behind.  I keep coming around to the thought that these kind of people are in my life, not just my blog, and if I can't blog freely, with confidence, maybe I don't need to be blogging at all.  What do I have to hide?

So, that's why I haven't been blogging much.  You can't help but hide a bit from those who have hurt you.  Maybe I should blog somewhere else, build my confidence back up.

2 comments:

Trish said...

I am not a spy but I understand how you feel. I sometimes think I should just stick to the paper journals I love...not like I really need to blog. I do like it but I am no writter, and I don't have a lot to offer so far as blogs go...I like being me, bland as toast! I hope you choose to keep blogging for you and not worry about those flies-on the-wall. Sometimes I get good and frustrated and choose to really give a "this is how I feel" update and remember that the blog is mine not anyone elses and I get to put out there what I want.

Elizabeth Mahlou said...

Others can indeed box us in, but we don't have to let them do that. I hope you will ignore their efforts at boxing you and continue blogging.