RSS

Monday, April 26, 2010

Odds and ends...

You know that tray or bowl or, in my case, basket that sits on your bedroom dresser and collects the misc. items from your pockets...?   Here's what I found in mine:


cassette tape of recorded-off-the-radio 90's music

stack of coin wrappers for pennies, tied with a twist tie

a necklace I macraméd with giant, gaudy beads for Little Brook to play with while I nursed her

a pair of “bones” - made of wood, for making music

2 sample packs of BioFreeze, pain relieving gel, the chiropractor gave me

6 too-short #2 pencils; 1 white, 5 standard yellow

colored pencil, blue

glue stick

spool of white quilting thread

“toasted coconut” paint sample from Walmart, the color I did the living room

yellow highlighter

pink gel glitter pen

2 blue Bic ink pens

small, black, LED flashlight in disrepair

5 hair bands

tube of herbal Blistex - empty

three wooden rag rug needles, made for me by Bobby

9 crayon pieces

tube beeswax lip balm

refillable lighter - received free, in the mail from Camel, for some reason

2 pair of ear plugs

heart shaped incense burner, given by a friend, though I rarely burn them

gunked up ball of yellow Handy-Tack

plastic child’s barrette

half a child’s plastic, camo watch band

3 wooden clothespins

4 AA batteries, one rechargeable

2 sewing machine bobbin cases, neither of which fit the used machine I got from a friend

large adult hair barrette

small pocket knife

stale piece of baking chocolate

carabineer clip, to the goat’s chain

headphone jack reducer

plastic cap to my seam ripper (wondered where that went)

hickory nut, in shell

2 guitar picks; one hard, one thin

tag from inside of a shoe - size 8 1/2

puzzle piece

2 sunflower shaped buttons that popped off my jumper when I wrung it in the wringer

rock (only one - I have been cutting back)

3 pairs, 1 oddball, small metal hair clips, for holding my head-kerchief on

2 googly eyes; one large, one small, both with teeth marks

2” metal ring

2 lawnmower keys (the mechanic gives me a new one every time)

21 pushpins (tacks)

2 small eyebolts

1 hook catch, to go with an eyebolt

6 nails, various sizes

9 bobby pins

fence staple

23 buttons, imagine the variety

1 valve stem cap

4 screw-tips (1 phillips, 1 square, 2 Torx)

2 small u-bolt clamp type things, for clamping cable

3 1/2” key ring things

9 shelf pins

3 beads

6 paper clips

4 sewing needles

orange pencil-topper eraser

1 marble

5 marble-type decorative pieces (like, for fish aquariums)

mancala game piece

2 washers

23 safety pins (and one diaper pin)

2 dimes

penny (most of the change goes in the jar)

rubber band

1 paw paw seed

tiny allen key/hex wrench

plastic plug to exercise ball

3 small, matching bolts in plastic bag

16 various screws

Exodus tab from Seth’s bible, I’m supposed to tape back in

chintzy tweezers from pocket knife

aluminum clip that’s suppose to hold the window screen in the children’s bedroom window

toothpick

***************
Your turn!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That must have been a HUGE basket! Funny though, how having one of those doo dads can reveal a personality! You are so laid back! Would you believe that I don't have a bowl or basket! The one thing we call a junk box in the broom closet holds odds and end tools and electrical cords. Otherwise, I have a place for loose buttons in the laundry room (with all sewing materials), all pencils and writing paraphenalia is in the labeled drawers in the living room, all computer cds and software are in a tote at the top of the coat closet, all of our rocks are kept in the rock garden, etc. Sheesh, I need to lighten up! Is this obsessive compulsive or what? I will let all know that I no longer alphabetize the canned goods. But only because I don't buy canned goods. Otherwise even the cupboards are labeled where everything goes.

Trish said...

I have a basket in our bedroom as well as a dreawer in the kitchen. The basket holds some computer chords, for whatever...and I think some sandals and scrap cloth, I don't know what I'll use it for, Keep intending to make sock puppets with the girls :)
The kitchen drawer holds papers the kids have colored varrious tools, (TIm's stuff) pennies and tons of things that are probably useless.

Unknown said...

Don't get me wrong, I love organizing and most of these items have a "home" somewhere in the house. I think it's because I'm constantly on the move and our homestead is rather spread out that I end up with these sorts of things in my pockets or on the dresser at the end of the day. When I'm in the garden and one of the children brings me a button, or I was called away from a project with nails still in hand... Every couple months or so I sort through it and file everything. =)