RSS

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Breastmilk Cures Pink Eye

Since I first heard of using breastmilk to cure conjunctivitis ("pink eye") a few years ago, I have had a few opportunities to try it out, on myself and my children.  Prior to learning this, I used pure aloe vera juice, which worked but burned immensely (Bobby called them "torture drops") - the kids would let me treat them once with this, but not twice!  Breast milk is pain free and I actually find it soothing to my irritated eye.  I went to bed with dry, itchy eyes the other night and didn't think much about it until I awoke in worse condition.  I expressed a little milk into a small dish and dropped it into each eye, blinking to spread it around.  I did this about four times that day and by the following morning the irritation was almost gone.  I repeated the treatment once in the morning and had no symptoms by lunchtime.  Just wanted to share this easy, wonderful cure!

2 comments:

Trish said...

we're all out of breastmilk here for a few years maybe I will keep some in the freezer for just this purpose after the next baby arrives. I have never had pink eye nor have my kids but it's always possible! It's good advise!

Robyn said...

I've also heard chamomile tea works, too.